3D puff digitizing is a popular technique that is used during custom hat embroidery digitizing. The technique is widely popular given its incredible embroidery results that stand out even from the distance.
The entire magic behind 3D puff embroidery lies with the foam that is used as a base, which stands tall on the hat; creating an exquisite 3D design. Also, to ensure that the foam remains hidden from sight, the color of the foam is matched with the colors of embroidery thread, which covers the entire foam.
Steps for 3D Puff Embroidery Digitizing
3D puff digitizing is a complex task that requires experience and skills to pull out successfully. That’s one reason why experts highly recommend using professional agencies with the right expertise, technology, and resources to help create the perfect 3D puff digitizing file; which will act as the foundation to the embroidery later. And complacency at this stage will utterly ruin the precision and appeal of the design during the embroidery stage. Thereby, make sure you only choose the most expert and experienced digitizers to accomplish the task.
Nonetheless, below we will be briefly looking at the steps involved in 3D puff digitizing, for anyone with little to no expertise to work with three-dimensional designs.
Steps involved in 3D Puff Digitizing
- Open the digitizing software of your choice and load the artwork you need to digitize. Make sure that the size is in accordance with the final dimension required.
- Next, you would have to set the values for the tie stitch. As a beginner, you can set the default value of Tie In and Tie Off at 5, which will adjust just rightly with the increased foam thickness.
- Once you are done with setting the stitch value, it’s time to start 3D puff digitizing. You can start away with a 20 point walk stitch, this will ensure that the position of the foam is secure concerning the fabric.
- The next important step is to cover the foam using the satin stitch element and close the ends. You will have to rely on the needle penetration to remove the excess foam, thereby, you would also need to add satin stitches on top and bottom. Not doing so may result in an imperfect puff. In the end, you also have to securely close the ends. This can be down either of the two ways including; capping method or pinching method
- Once we are done with capping the ends, the final step includes digitizing the final top satin stitch. Here you can choose the top stitch elements properties (ideally you may set the density value at 1.8 points). Also, you need to set the value for “filling for stitch lines greater”, which you can set at 200 points.
3D Puff Digitizing Services by Win Digitizing
At Win Digitizing, we have some of the most experienced and professional digitizers working with cutting-edge resources to deliver the finest 3D puff digitizing services to businesses across the USA, Canada, and Europe. We have been working in the industry for over a decade and have successfully completed hundreds of thousands of projects with absolute perfection.
We are offering the most competitive pricing for our embroidery digitizing services starting as low as $8. So, contact our customer support representative now and get the best quote for your digitizing needs!